Monday, January 30, 2012

How I got bit by the photography bug!

Name: Tiffany
Age: 30
I'm a mommy to the most amazing little boy EVERRR!
I LOVE anything creative, photography in particular

So, I decided to let you into my life as a semi professional photographer. The reason I classify myself as a ‘semi professional’ is because photography is not my fulltime occupation (as much as I would LOVE to be a full time photographer)

So here’s my story:
In my ‘younger’ days I actually modeled for hair magazines and hair shows. The amount of fun I had was indescribable; however I was more interested in what the photographer was doing. I became downright annoying during photo shoots asking questions about cameras, lighting, and backdrops. I thought to myself ‘I can do that’, ‘I’m a creative mind’, and I believe 'I have the creative eye’.  With that mindset, modeling became a thing of the past and photography became my future : )

I'm a firm believer that my experience in front of the camera has allowed me to seamlessly transition into my role behind the camera. I must admit that I’m MUCH more comfortable behind the camera and creative control is my drug. Now, in no way am I stating that photography is easy, it’s an extremely technical craft and as a matter of fact I'm STILL learning. I remember I played with my Nikon D-40 for weeks before I took one shot. I was soooo afraid that I would suck! Now here I am 3 years later; just call me a Nikon Gangsta! haha!

Just for kicks, here are a few images from my modeling days so you won't think I'm crazy LOL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment